One of the newer sites in the surveys / offers industry is Unique Rewards. But it seems like it is making a name for itself rather quickly, which has prompted me to write a review about it.
Some background on the site
Unique Rewards is one of many sites based on the GPT (Get Paid To) model such as CashCrate (by the way, here is my CC review) and MyPoints. So in that sense, the site isn’t really “unique” by any means.
Once you join the site, you get paid for performing a variety of tasks like taking surveys, reading emails, shopping online, trying out different products and checking out websites.
Want $5 Free?
Join InboxDollars. They pay you for things you already do (watching videos, shopping, surveys & more). Plus they give you $5 for free just for joining.
Join InboxDollars & Get Your $5 Now
The company goes by the official name UniqueRewards.com, Inc. and has been functioning since 2003.
Today, Unique Rewards is among the rare rewards websites that offer to pay members in cash instead of gift cards or any other kinds of rewards in exchange for their earned points.
As for its profile with the Better Business Bureau, it gets an F rating which is the lowest possible. There have been a total of 5 complaints in the last 5 years against the site, all of which are closed/resolved.
How it works?
As of now, the site only accepts members from the US, UK and Canada. Hopefully, they’ll widen the net in the next few years.
You can sign-up for free with Unique Rewards while the entire process can be wrapped up in a matter of minutes. Upon registration, the site awards a one-time bonus of $5 to all members.
Want a Free $5 Bonus?
Try Swagbucks, the famous rewards program that pays you for watching videos, taking surveys, shopping and more.
Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
Note: As you complete the sign-up form and proceed to Step 2, you have the option of whether or not to complete the offers displayed on that page. I un-ticked all the boxes that were ticked before clicking on FINISH and I was done.
Immediately on the next page, I was informed that I’d have to complete either one of the 2-minute offers to be able to receive the aforementioned bonus of $5.
I got that bonus even though I didn’t complete the said offers!
Once you complete any task at UniqueRewards.com, the credit for the same arrives between 12 to 30 hours in your account.
Now, this is quite a large variation of time and as such, I’d advise you to keep a tab of all the tasks you complete. Doing so would help you get in touch with the customer support in case your account never gets credited.
Additionally, when you go about completing cash offers, remember that every offer is unique and features its own set of rules and regulations.
For instance, a few offers might release your credit even if you opt out far earlier than the scheduled ending time while some others might need you to remained signed-in to the offer for a significant portion of the scheduled period before releasing the due credit.
How can I earn cash on UniqueRewards?
The straight answer to that would be; by completing offers. The site also seems to employ the same pay grade as some of the other GPT sites; yet another thing not so unique about this site after all!
You can earn cash with Unique Rewards in many different ways!
- Cash Offers: This way you can get cash as well as some fantastic deals on products, services or even information that was of any remote interest to you! You have a wide range of offers to choose from including employment and career, financial and online services, beauty and health, dating, entertainment, education and so many more. Once you see an interesting offer, simply click on it to go to the advertiser’s website where you can complete it. At the end of it, you’ll get your cash!
- Cash Surveys: There is also cash to be earned by participating in surveys that are made available daily apart from registering with various survey panels that pay cash or points.
- Cash back Shopping: You can get up to 50% in cash back with Cash back Shopping! Just pick a store, buy something and the cash back gets credited to your account automatically. There is also a separate section for “Discounts/Coupons”, which offers even more savings!
- Click Cash: This is one area that does help UR stand out from the rest. People with previous experience of using PTC (Paid To Click) sites to earn extra money will love this section. This is because for every 30 second advertisement you click, this site gives you 1 cent. That’s way better than being paid $0.001 for every click that most PTC websites offer. You can click on an ad once a day while the site offers you around 10-20 ads per day. At times, the site also offers more than 20 ads per day. This is a good way to earn a nice wad of cash provided you get a reasonable amount of active referrals.
- Cash Email Messages: Around 1-3 emails containing incredible deals and special offers will find their way into your inbox every day. Just open those mails and click on the messages in order to be taken to the advertiser’s site. This gives you an opportunity to earn cash simply for acknowledging that you have read an email ($0.01). There is even more cash to be earned by completing a said offer hosted by an advertiser! The pay for this will be in the range of $0.25 to $50 or even higher, which entirely depends upon that particular offer’s payout.
- Video Offers: There is also cash to be made simply by watching videos. By watching every video once a day, you stand to earn $0.01 for every viewing. The rewards are given to you almost immediately after the advertiser sends the transaction reports to the site. Usually, this doesn’t take more than 5 minutes although it can take longer at times.
- Radio Offer: You can also earn money by listening to radio broadcasts. Rewards are given for entering the captcha codes. You earn money for every second captcha code that is submitted. In order to complete offers related to the radio, your computer needs to be running the newest versions of the browser and Adobe Flash Player.
The Referral System
Let’s now focus on the things that help Unique Rewards stand out from the rest of the GPT sites; one of which is the site’s referral program.
It’s different from the referral programs of other sites because comparatively, it gives you a whole lot more:
- You are paid $1 every time people you referred complete their first offer. This could mean any task like completing offers, taking a survey, or even using the site’s Cash back Shopping program. In short, it can be any offer; even if it costs all of 10 cents!
- You are paid $5 for every referral whose account is active. This simply means that whenever a referral by you makes $20 or more, his/her account receives the “active” status. In the process, you are paid $5 as well. That is $5 for just one referral!
- You also stand to earn 10% of what your referral earns.
Best thing is that the site doesn’t restrict the number of people you can refer to it.
The payment threshold is $20, which I find rather high.
For people used to earning with “bux” sites, or sites that prescribe a low payment threshold, this might come across as a reason to not join this site. But with the absence of any direct limit, a high payment threshold was always on the cards.
This figure might seem a little steep to most people but considering the various daily earning opportunities one has with this site, accumulating $20 is quite simple. Of course, $5 referral bonuses certainly help.
You can opt for a payout once you reach the $20 mark. Payment is made through PayPal or a check. The site sends out payments once every week; on a Monday.
Normally, members get their money within 2 days of requesting for it although the process can stretch up to 30 days.
Once you request your first payout, your account is automatically upgraded to Gold; without any extra charge.
By being a Gold member, you stand to earn a greater commission from the surveys and offers you complete apart from the shopping stints.
Your earnings will increase by 40%! For instance, an offer paying $10 will pay you $14 once your account attains the Gold status!
Coming to Unique Rewards’ downsides, members need to be careful about the site’s cash for click section. As is customary with any site full of ads, here too your computer needs to be protected by reliable antivirus software against dodgy advertisers that include harmful stuff in their advertisements.
Although I’ve been free from the threats of any viruses, spyware or similar things, being ready beforehand is always a good idea.
In case you are interested, here is a fantastic guide on how to protect your computer from all kinds of problems. If you are like me and visit lots of different sites, you should read this.
Is it worth it?
Summing it up, I’d say Unique Rewards is worth a look. The site is legit and it does pay users.
Personally, my account hasn’t reached the payment threshold but when it does, and when I do receive my payment, I’ll make sure to update this review by posting my payment proof here.
The site has been around since 2007, which is a good thing as it indicates a stable website. If you wish to give a peek to www.UniqueRewards.com, just follow the link.
Have you joined MyPoints yet?MyPoints is a rewards site that pays you for shopping, taking surveys & more. Spend $20 on your favorite stores (eBay, Walmart, Groupon and others) and get a free $10 gift card.